Wednesday 25 November 2009

when the torte's a-crumblin'

it's been a happy month since no martinet has had me by the gut yet. menaing, i freed myself from law school (my former martinet) and i have yet to have an employer to have a new martinet breathing on my neck.

aah..! the tast of freedom is but bittersweet. so here i am, in my room doing almost anything imaginable: playing the violin, reading arnold bennet and anna maxted, blogging and chatting with friends and relatives. then i went into a binge of lazyness. well, i thought that my last venture would grant me the privilege of lethargy and wealth. alas, a there was a fluke in an otherwise perfect recipe.

there really is a recipe. cousin bianca sent me grandma's famous TORTA NI TOYAY (TNT).
it should have been sweet and should have tasted like muffin. i hitched all my dreams of wealth in that recipe. but as fate would have it, i ended up having 30 crummy brown tortes and 30 of its white version. they were sweet, yes, but htey were a far outcry from the TNT i intended it to be. so there goes my dream of becoming a bread mogul.

No comments:

Post a Comment